How to sell your property online
Published by Property Saviour
The UK's No.1 Fast House Sale Company
April 16, 2016 - Read time: 3 minutes
There are a number of reasons why you may be looking to sell your property online. You may have enough of the traditional High Street estate agents, and their expensive fees. Or possibly you have read about significant benefits of selling your property online such as:
- Localised knowledge. You know the area well and arguably a lot better than any estate agent, as you live there.
- You can give a personalised viewing of the property, really highlighting its key features whether you have installed USB sockets, a bose sound system or a superb kitchen.
- It creates a better experience for the buyer. They are not in a pressurised environment and can relax.
- You can ask better questions about the motivation of the buyer and their feedback. Are they just looking at the moment or are they looking to commit? Why have they chosen your house to view first? This is far better than generic, we had 1,000 viewings on Rightmove for your house, 30 viewings and zero offers.
There are also a number of disadvantages to selling your property online as well, that you should consider:
- You will be meeting up potential sellers. Whilst this is great. You may bump into an old friend or a work colleague who could haggle you for a discount!
- You will invest a significant amount of your own time to conduct viewings which may or may not lead to a sale.
- It can become boring and frustrating process if you have not sold your house after advertising it for 6 months+
- You in charge of negotiations, and this could be uncomfortable experience for most sellers. Great for those who will relish that challenge. You need to pitch it as you would like a fair price for your house, and what is the buyer prepared to pay for it. There is a risk that you could be easily offended if you receive offers much less than what you were anticipating.
One thing is for sure selling your property online does not give you certainty that the sale will definitely go through if you are swapping a traditional High Street estate agent with an online estate agent.
If you need to sell your house fast then you will require cash property buyers. Property Saviour are true cash house buyers, we will be able to exchange contracts within 10 days or quicker. Because we have cash funds available, we do not require a mortgage or a survey and therefore, we can quickly complete the purchase, allowing you to move with your life.